Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Christmas with the Lemons!

Posted by dani handrian
Good evening, friends!  I am here to link up with Michelle from Fabulous in First for some more Christmas fun!  I'm going to answer questions about my favorite holiday traditions and show lots of pics along the way!

Hot Chocolate or Eggnog? 
Oh goodness, neither!  I don't like hot drinks, at all, AND just the thought of egg nog makes me want to gag!

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them underneath the tree? 
This is our first Christmas with Joelle, so I haven't figured all the details yet.  However, we kinda decided that we don't want Santa to get all the credit, ha!  So, he will deliver about 3 gifts (unwrapped) on Christmas morning.  She asked him for a bike, Elmo, and baby clothes :)
Our presents are wrapped in red and white.  This year I put picture tags so that Joelle can easily help pass out presents.  She loves going through all the presents and looking at the pictures :)
Colored lights or white? 
I am a white-light kinda gal.  However, I am thankful for all the people who decorate in ways I never would because Joelle stares in amazement (and secretly wishes her parents were cool like that!)  And, this little cutie sure does look precious wrapped in her white lights!  {I got her jammies HERE}.
When do you decorate? 
Some time around Thanksgiving.  We don't host Thanksgiving at our house, so we just do it when we have free time!

Real or Fake Tree? 
Fake all the way!  I actually LOVE my tree to pieces.  I bought it at Hobby Lobby after Christmas one year, and couldn't wait to put it up!!  I love the woodsy look it has to it :)

What Tops Your Tree?
I don't even know what you call those things... twigs, sprays, IDK!

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
Christmas is HUGE in my household.  My husband starts playing Christmas music in July, literally.  He goes crazy on gifts, and that's definitely only gotten worse now that we have a child!  We always go to see ICE at the Gaylord.  It's definitely one of my favorites!
One of my new favorite Christmas traditions is opening a Christmas book every night of December.  I got this idea from Sarah Cooley last year.  I bought 25 Christmas books from Scholastic right after Christmas when they were on sale.  Then, I wrapped each of them, slapped a number on it, and stored them for ELEVEN months!  Joelle is LOVING reading a new book each night, PLUS she has to clean her room/mess before she can open one.  It's a win/win kinda thing :)
 Talk about sweet moments with your kiddo!
Oh, and the holiday shirts.  I can't get enough of them.  Joelle already has at least 5 Christmas themed outfits.  I've found them on Etsy, Very Jane, Zulilly... you name it!  I've decided that I'm going to save all of her appliquéd shirts and have a quilt made out of them one day... so it doubles the investment, right?!! 

Do you remember your favorite gift as a child? 
I have so many fond memories of Christmas as a child.  I loved any and everything that revolved around American Girl Dolls.  I also remember getting a baby that skated.  I thought that was the BEST thing ever... and the water babies, oh my!  So, pretty much... I loved getting babies!

Do prefer giving or receiving? 
Most definitely giving!  I feel so awkward opening presents in front of other people.  I love shopping in general, so the months of November and December are extra fun for me!  This year we are volunteering at the IRC in Dallas to share the Christmas spirit with refugee families from Burma and Iran.  Giving back is very important to me, and I especially want to instill that in my children.  I have some sweet blogging friends that helped with the donations so that we could give even more gifts to these families!  One more reason why I LOVE blogging :)
What is your favorite Christmas song? 
HMMM, I really LOVE Christmas music.  Like, all of it.  We listen to AccuRadio in my classroom a lot around Christmas!

Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum? 
You'll never see me turn down candy.  The End.


Favorite Christmas Movie? 
I like all the cheesy Lifetime and Hallmark Christmas movies.  I'm a sucker for every last one.  

Do you shop online or at stores?
I do most of my shopping online through Amazon Prime!  Saves me time and money!

Photo Cards, Letter or Store Bought Card? 
100% Photo Cards!  Here's ours that we sent out this year!
Want to share your favorite Christmas traditions?  Link up with Michelle!!
 

Copyright © 2009 shopaholiclovesinstock | Design by [blogger merak dua]