Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

I'm Thankful for...

Posted by dani handrian
Activities LIKE:

1.  Math Stations!  After talking to Katie King and seeing how she incorporated math stations into her day, I knew I had to give it a shot.  And, I am so glad that I did!  Here's what I love about math stations:

-We work on concepts for longer than a week or unit of study.  The stations reflect what we have already learned and what we need more practice on.  This helps my students retain more information.
-They are pain-free!  I put stations together about every 2 weeks.  We do one rotation a day, so they last between 8-10 days.
-My students absolutely LOVE math station time.  If we don't have enough time for them, it's pretty heartbreaking!
-I get to meet with small groups every.single.day now :)
-I've been using my Fall Into Math Stations for a whole month now... time well spent!
 2.  Daily Five!  I've honestly never been happier about my literacy block.  My students are in the rhythm and pretty much rocking it!  Of course, I have some kiddos that play around and goof off, but they are the minority.
 3.  Word Work during the Daily Five!  For the next two weeks I have added in the literacy stations from my "Let's Be Thankful" unit.  My kiddos LOVE it when I change things up and add new activities! 
 4.  And, of course, I absolutely 100% LOVE anything that is made of construction paper, ha!  If I can figure out how to incorporate a craftivity while including rich content, you better bet that I'm going to!


Make sure you head on over to Blog Hoppin' to check out the other activities that teachers love!
 

Copyright © 2009 shopaholiclovesinstock | Design by [blogger merak dua]