Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

I'm Thankful for...

Posted by dani handrian
Time-Savers!  Anyone that knows me will tell you that I am all about saving time.  After all, if I am going to wake up at 6:50 and be at school by 7:20 then I must be good with time management, right?!  Or maybe I'm just super lazy ;)

So, let's start in the home.  I refuse to wake up early.  It's just not my thing.  So, I always prep, prep, prep the night before.  I lay out clothes, make lunches, shower, get my bag ready, and even make my ice water the night before.  If I know I'm going to be out late then I do this before we head out to church or wherever we are going.  It's almost a sickness :)

It does help that Joelle and Mr. Lemons are sleeping while I'm getting ready.  They don't have to be at work/school until much later, so everyone is snoozing while I'm trying to get ready in 20 minutes!  However, I do the same things for Joelle the night before.  I actually got her uniforms all ready on Friday night for the week coming up.  I felt super accomplished!
 You are probably thinking... Amy, I could give a rip what you do in the morning so that you can sleep in while I'm up at 4:30 with 5 crying kiddos getting everyone ready for school.  I get it!  But, I do believe that my time management translates into the classroom as well.  There's a lot I do at work to save me time!

1.  Grading Papers- I stopped letting papers stack up years ago.  I would get overwhelmed and just throw the stack away.  Here's what I do now (for the most part)... I grade papers as students are turning them in if at all possible.  I don't have a "finished" basket or anything like that.  My students bring me their papers when they are finished.  Normally, I grade it quickly and let them fix their errors.  This saves me a TON of time and it helps my students to get immediate feedback!

2.  I try and use charts, graphic organizers, journal entries more than once.  For example, when we were learning about plural nouns, we used this same chart for 3 days in a row.  Each morning I had 12-14 words projected and they just added to their chart.  This also saves a lot of paper!

3.  Word Wall Words- I hang my word wall words in a bucket on my word wall!  This is the first year that I've tried this, and I LOVE it!  I'm not searching for words, going to a cabinet, or file... they are right on the wall!  Very convenient which means... I'm saving time!
I also do this for my Spanish word wall :)
I put the words in order at the beginning of the year so that I just have to grab the current words and staple 'em up!

4.  Plan in Advance!  I am normally planned for the following week by Tuesday afternoon.  This helps me get all of my materials ready to go by Thursday or Friday!
Do you have any time-saving tricks?  After all, if this little girl is going to grow up so fast, then I'm going to need more and more of those ideas because I don't want to miss a moment at home!
Make sure to link up with Blog Hoppin' to share your ideas this week!
 

Copyright © 2009 shopaholiclovesinstock | Design by [blogger merak dua]